Wow, is that really colored pencil? That’s what everyone says when they see my work.
I knew I was on to something when I began drawing with colored pencils. I’m a self-taught artist and I’ve tried everything from oil painting to screen printing. Colored pencils, though, are perfect for drawing precise details in a realistic style. My favorite subjects are simple everyday objects. I use archival paper, layering many colors until they are vivid and saturated.
Visual concepts such as light and reflection are features of my work. I am a juried member of the Best of Missouri Hands and the Greater St. Louis Art Association. I am also a member of the Colored Pencil Society of America. These organizations promote excellence in the fine arts.
2013 Shows and Exhibitions
- St. Louis Regional Arts Commission, Metro Art Exchange: Artropolis
- Webster House Gallery, A Feast For The Eyes
2012 Shows and Exhibitions
- Contemporary Art Museum, "Open Studio Tour "
- Art St. Louis, "Food Glorious Food"
- Foundry Art Centre - http://www.foundryartcentre.org/exhibitions.aspx
Craft Out Loud -
- Soulard Art Market, “Red”
- Soulard Art Market, “New Beginnings”
- Solo Show, Brooking Park
- St. Louis Post Dispatch “Made In St. Louis”
- Feature Best Of Missouri Hands newsletter
- Feature Greater St. Louis Art Association newsletter
- Wood Icing Gallery
- Missouri Artists On Main Gallery, St. Charles, MO
Wow, is that really colored pencil?
All images, web pages and texts are protected under U.S. and international copyright laws and are the personal property of the artist.
Contact Susie Tenzer for written permission to use or copy any of the materials on this website. All rights reserved 2010 Susie Tenzer. Site design Melissa Monsowitz.